Have you ever been called a watchman? Have you ever wondered what that means?
Ezekiel 3:17 (NASB) says, "Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me.”
A watchman anointing can be seen in someone who hears Gods word for others then declares it.
Ezekiel was a watchman over Israel to hear for them....who are you a watchman for? And are you declaring what he’s showing you?
Some signs that you could be a watchman.
- You have a passion for a particular group of people.
- You want that group of people to hear a particular word from the Lord and respond to it.
- Your upset or hurt when people don’t respond to the word of the Lord your hearing for them.
- You take Gods word very personally concerning those people.
- You have to watch that you don’t lose love in your frustration that those people slowly hear and respond to the word he shows you.
- You spend time talking passionately to others about the injustices surrounding this word not being honored.
- Your prayers lean the direction of the people and the issues surrounding those people you have a word for.
Suggestions to walk out the watchman anointing well among the people you're called to:
- Keep love
- Oh Yes...Love is patient
- Remember it’s Gods word
- Don’t walk in feeling personally rejected when it takes a while for people to respond.
- Speak the truth in love and not in meanness and frustration.
- Speak out the answer to the problem you see... don’t just focus on the problem.
- Stay joyful
- Remember in the New Covenant God put his Spirit in people so they’ll walk in his word once they know it’s his word.
Jeremiah 1:12 (NASB), "Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it."
God watches over his word to fulfill it and as a watchman we get to step into that anointing as a watchman prophet or a prophetic watchman. We take very personally the word he shows us about ourselves and others to see that it comes to pass. We are responsible to believe the word first, declare it second, stand on it, and then take appropriate action concerning that word until it comes to pass.
Psalms 105:19 (NASB), "Until the time that his word came to pass, The word of the LORD tested him."
There can come a time where the word we’re bringing is rejected and then God gives us another word for the same or different people to hear his word for. If we don’t move on when a word hasn’t been received we will grow disheartened and lose our impact. God has to help us know how long to hold onto a word and keep declaring it and then know when to release it and move on.
Sometimes the word has to fall into the ground before it bears fruit. Then when we are dead to it God resurrects it and the hearts of the people receive it. It is at that time that we must still carry love for those who were slow to receive the word because when we no longer want to have anything to do with that word sometimes it'll come back to us. We may be asked to host that word or the ministry that results from that word. If we are bitter at how long it took we’ll miss being someone that gets to father or mother the word we birthed in travail, prayer, and declaration.
Anyways those are some thoughts on the watchman anointing. I hope it was helpful. If so I'd love you to comment below here and share what helped you. Also, I'd love to know if you realized after this word that you have a watchman's anointing.